Killer Mike Says He Was Selling Cocaine at 16

Atlanta rapper, Killer Mike made this revelation recently during his his interview during a radio interview (on Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club show). He was talking about how his 16 years old son wanted to go into real estate business to start making money, and he said at his son's age (16), he was already on the streets selling Cocaine.



"At my child's age (16), I was selling cocaine. You know what I mean. And that's dramatic, and it sounds good on rap records, but that's no place for a child to be. You know what I mean. By 12-13 years old, I had already figured out getting on a bus, going to a neighborhood, trapping off, getting back home...I don't want that for our children, and the only way that can happen is if we start to be raising confident children, who are not insecure because they don't have Nikes. You know what I am saying. If we start raising the children to have a perspective to understand that I can get a lawnmower and cut grass all summer, or I could shovel snow, and I could start to accumulate wealth."


Word!

You can watch the full interview below. He talks about selling cocaine at 16 around the 55 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment