IS M.I THE BEST NIGERIAN RAPPER OR WHAT?


In 2001, after jay-z had dropped 5 successful albums, sold up to 5 million copies of his third album (life and times of shawn carter vol 2), performed at sold out shows, he felt there was still an obstacle in the way to greatest of greats.

He knew he was the must relevent rapper at that point, but there was something more he wanted. He would here people make comments like. "jay-z is hot, he is really paid right now, but that kid nas is something else". Jay new he had to go against one of the best in the game. He knew nas was a worthy adversary, even before he went against him. Not concidering the fact that he sampled nas on his first single, in 1996, "dead presidents", and knew through his career so far, then, that nas was a very talented rapper. But he felt he had to bury nas, for him to gain everything he wanted.

I guess he woke the sleeping lion, because we all know what happened after that. ETHER!!!

I guess that is kind of what happened in the nigerian scene recently, with mode going at ruggedman on the last track of his new album. A lot of people say rugged can not stand to mode, but what i would say is that, if he felt that way, he would not have bothered going at rugged, just like jay would not have gone against nas.

Anyway, what i want to bring out of this is that, while mode and rugged were strugling for the crown, this kid just comes from behind and snatches it from both of them.

You have to agree with me that this kid is what mode and rugged are not. He is very skilled lyrically, yet very versitile. I know mode is lyrically, but sometimes he gets boring, and sometimes rugged gets too commercial, this kid is the best blend i have heard. He is really MR INCREDIBLE. I f you do not have his album, you need to go out and get it to know what i am talking about.



I have his biography right here, check it out.


Born in the city of Jos, music immediately surrounded M.I's life. M.I was able to see first hand musicians such as Panam Percy Paul, the Winners Band and the Footsteps band. M.I's father at the time was the pastor allowing M.I to grow up around constant singing. At an early age M.I's mother taught him the sulfa notation and how it applied to a simple chorus. It was after this that M.I began to learn how to play the keyboards; on a small 7 key toy keyboard. By the age of 10, M.I could play the drums and keyboards to an extent. M.I also compared notes with Jeremiah Gyang who was a very close childhood friend. M.I discovered rap music when he began secondary schoo. It was here that M.I fell in love with this art form. Around 1998 M.I got his hands on DMX's debut album and Lauryn Hill's Mis-education album and began to write his own music and poems. While in college M.I put aside hip hop music for an acappella group but continued his writing in hopes of one day picking up where he left off. Towards M.I's senior year in college he started writing long poems with a very rhythmic tones. M.I was able to record a few of his songs which were placed on a college album.On returning to Nigeria in 2003, M.I returned to Jos, which was brimming with young rappers and hip hop producers. Through the influence of Jeremiah and another talented Jos producer "E Kelly," M.I quit his job and started to work at Inner Hub Studios and to work on producing and recording his own music.M.I was signed to Chocolate City in 2006 and came out with the hit single "Crowd Mentality" which had topped charts all over Nigeria. M.I today has continued to grow into stardom in Nigeria. He has participated in a variety of shows, worked with other Nigerian artists such as Modenine, Jeremiah Gyang, Styl Plus and more. M.I has been a part of various projects such as Bring the Noise traveling to other African Countries as well as the UK collaboarting with other artists and performing. M.I is set to drop his album this year and proves to be one of the greatest new Nigerian Hip Hop artists. His words will move you with their deep messages as well as get you up off your feet. His journey is only beginning!




Yeah that is all about M.I. Now check out some comments about him i found on his facebook page.


M.I is the real thing........after him u can add Modeeee......9, forget all d fakes such as that baba, this baba we re nt referin to adisa babba.....!!! M.I you d MAN.....fire burn them all.......!!!!!


talk about it talk about it... hot album hot album... you're on fire on fire!!!


Saw M.I perform at rhythm unplugged he murdered that show....The big booty squeezer


THIS GUY IS TOO MUCH ABEG! no doubt the best rapper naija has produced! any1 who wan contest?


first time i heard u spit flame was @ surulere when u came to nosa's studio. u are some alot of quality rap loving fans should look 4rd 2, all d best in ur pursuit of success..glad 2 knw u r finally out.


Im not really into rap music but MI gets my attention all the time. He's smoking hot and boy, does he know it! Cant wait for the album.


D illest MC d continent has seen!keep it up bro.


Bro is been a long while i have ebeen waiting for a Rapper like this in 9ja,i use to like Naeto C,but you are the Bomb,keep your Game tit,lots of love.


.I u're jus simply MagnIficent....when u go drop ur album abeg....nuf of all dis wack mcees on air. One Album n u'll flush all dem lyrical underground n overground rappers away. keep d delivery skills awake


Dis is d illest...d realest...d freshest...hottest artist with d slickest sound so far...So if u don't know, now u know...i'm definitely a big fan of urs bruv...still waiting for an album or a single i can buy...(or download...lol)...




The comments are endless, i just have to stop, this kid is the shit and the urine right now.


20 comments:

  1. Tight, Might, Hike, White, Height of 9ja Rap Artist. My Mum is tripping, everyone like your song, spit, album. Lets Talk about it, Cos this time we have to listen to the lyrics of the songs while them haters take the beat of the song mane. WE DEY FEEL YOU GUYYYYYYYYY

    ReplyDelete
  2. Take it or leave it, M.I. is just too much! He is by far better than any rapper u can think of in Nija right now!!
    My advice 2 him is 2 b as wise as Paul Play Dairo in coming out with new albums, and also not to feature in ALL KINDS OF SONGS u're called upon 2 feature in just like 2face & Ruggedman do.
    —Eze, graphic artist, TELL

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man, I completely agree on that.

    There's way too many suckers out there that can't just get it.

    In fact, I was fightin with my sort of friend jon yesterday about this, and
    they wouldn't admit to me that he was wrong. Now I can just show them your blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello everybody

    I figured it would be a good idea to introduce myself to everyone!

    Can't wait to get to know you all better!

    -Marshall

    Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  5. MI IS THE BEST. PERIOD!!!
    HE IS SIMPLY THE BEST. HIS DEBUT ALBUM (TALK ABOUT IT) WAS THE BOMB. EVERY SONG IN THE ALBUM WAS GREAT. EVEN MUM AND MY LITTLE SIS LOVES IT. LETS NOT EVEN TALK ABOUT HIS ILLEGAL MUSIC PROJECT, MIMING JAYZ(99 PROBLEMS), LIL WAYNE (A MILLI), KAYNE WEST (CAN'T TELL ME NOTHING), SNOOP DOGG(DROP IT LIKE ITS HOT) AND WHAT HAVE YOU. HE'S THE BOMB. LOVE YOU MI. BIGGEST FAN.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks y'all for all the comments...i do think m.i is good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. M.I is dope. definitely one of the best mc's outta naija, definitely got superb wordplay and breath control; definitely a very solid mc, definitely an entertainer....but DEFINITELY NOT the best rapper in nigeria. Peace kay.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Brothers

    Appears like www.blogger.com seems to be a considerable forum for me
    I am ecstatic to have stumbled upon it.


    Who knows what happens next... All I know is: If at first you don't succeed, destroy all evidence that you tried. :


    Lol!

    Anybody like Tool Collecting


    Looking forward to a good long stay here!

    Alabama,Fulton

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hey Guys,

    Well I have downloaded it, and it's amazing!

    I have uploaded it here for you guys: http://www.3nr.in/download.php ,

    Free to download!, no torrent, no lazy rapidshare, shitcash links shit, just pure download speed!

    Get it now, and start battleing your friends over LAN :D

    ReplyDelete
  10. ohh…great publish but truly?/? :P

    ReplyDelete
  11. I just got a new Canon EOS 5D Mark II camera which produces High Def videos. My problem is just managing them once I load them on to the computer. A 2 minute video will be between 800MB and 1GB in size and will crash my computer when I try to play it. I've tried playing it with VLC, Media Player Classic, the DVD player program that came with the computer, nothing will work.
    I'd also like to find a way to compress it from a 900MB .MOV file to an .AVI file under 100MB without losing much quality. I downloaded "Free MOV 2 AVI Converter" which successfully made it a 20MB .AVI file, but the quality is horrible and incredibly pixelated which defeats the purpose of the high def video. Still, there's got to be some way to do it, I mean high def videos are uploaded to YouTube that are 10 minutes long and since the max upload size is 100MB there's apparently some way to compress these vids without losing the quality.
    Any help? Thanks.
    [url=http://www.topvideoconverter.com/youtube-to-mp3-converter/]youtube to mp3[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hello. And Bye.[url=http://www.michael-jackson-thriller.com]Michael Jackson Thriller[/url]

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great info, she is really that good. there is this cat Tony Raymond,and he is from the same town with M.I. (Jos). what do you think. is this track as hot is they say.

    ReplyDelete
  14. HI, I just joined this community. I m from pakistan. I like this forum.......hope to learn lot of things here ;-)





    ---------------------------------------------
    http://www.beatonlinepokers.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Very funny post...

    ReplyDelete
  16. can some get me i.m contact i just want to make music collaborations with him,i base here in Europe im also a Naija

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hi! I know this is kinda off topic but I was wondering if you knew where I could get a captcha plugin for my comment form? I'm using the same blog platform as yours and I'm having problems finding one? Thanks a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I'm sorry i don't know how to get that, i am a really simple dude when it comes to technology. So why do u need the app, and how different is it? What do you blog about?to get that, i am a really simple dude when it comes to technology. So why do u need the app, and how different is it? What do you blog about?

    ReplyDelete
  19. M.I is an undisputed champion.....going to a greater height...so love his songs!

    ReplyDelete