Eve Used to Be a Stripper





Back in the late 90s, female rapper, Eve used to be a stripper. If it wasn't for the timely intervention of Mase, maybe we wouldn't have known her as a hip hop celebrity...and then a Hollywood celebrity. Mase actually got her out of the strip club, and got her to Ruff Ryderz.


 Eve was an exotic dancer in the Bronx until the fateful night she met Mase. "I gave him every stripper name under the sun! I was like, 'I'm Ginger, I'm Sassy!' He was like, 'Why don't you go get dressed, let's go just talk.' And we did, we talked throughout the night. He was like, 'You're really talented. What are you doing? You know you're not supposed to be here. You know it.'"

Eve, at the age of 18, auditioned for Dr. Dre before Joining Swizz Beatz, DMX, and The Lox signing to Ruff Ryders. "It was a confirmation for me that all these thoughts, all this sadness. All these times that I wake up in the morning, I'm like, 'Why do I feel like this?' And I know I'm not supposed to be there. It just woke me up." (dimewars)





I just keep thinking of how that encounter would have gone. I know Eve probably wouldn't have wanted to talk to anybody about what she was doing while she was a stripper: thank God it was someone popular. And Mase? Mase must have a good heart genuinely, because at that time he had not even gone the religious way.








Eve would never forget Mase for that one act; because he brought her to the light...for real! And it was so wonderful that she blew up big time after that. I mean, that must have been one of the fastest careers to blow up in Hip Hop. She was still stripping in 1998, and in 1999, she was the biggest female rapper in Hip Hop.

No comments:

Post a Comment