Michael Rubin Speaks on How He Cried When Meek Mill Was Sentenced in 2017

For a couple of years now, Meek Mill has been going in and out of prison for violation of parole from a 2007 incidence (which was later discovered to be a false accusation). The last time he was in prison was for six months, and it was for getting in the middle of a fight at a local airport in St. Louis, Missouri, which was considered violation of his parole. The judge handling his case gave him 2-4 years in a state prison for that.







Owner of 76ers basketball team, Michael Rubin is Meek Mill's close friend, and he happened to be in court when Meek was sentence. And in his recent interview on Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club show, he narrated how he teared up when he heard Meek's 2-4 years sentencing.

Read his words below.


"So, she sits down, and first thing she says is 'I'm sentencing you.' So, she says, 'Michael, can you get up and speak?' So I got up and I spoke...I just spoke for like fifteen minutes...about my relationship with him, how well I know him. How much you know I think he can help our country. How he was bringing people together. She won't even look at me. I'm looking at her, she won't even look at me...so, I sit down, and she comes back, and she says, '2-4 years in state prison.' And I literally...I look at Meek, and he always wants to be Mr. tough guy, his eyes turn pink...you know there is tears coming out of his eyes. I...I can't remember the last time anything made me tear up. I have tears coming out of my eyes. I looked at him, and I'm like, 'I will not stop, until you are out of prison and she's off the bench."

Wow! What an emotional story. And he stood by his words. He and Jay Z got Meek Mill out in 6 months.

You can watch the full interview below. The part where he spoke about tearing up in court is around the 29 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment