Melii Speaks on Being Sexually Harassed by a Music Producer

Female Spanish rapper from New York, Melii is popping right now. She had a song (With the Shits) with Meek Mill last year that made a few people think they were dating, but she said they were/are only friends. In her recent interview on Hot 97 radio, she narrated how a music producer, who was a friend to her manager at the time had sexually harassed her.




She started out by talking about the first manager she had, an older guy, who was very protective of her, but that they ended up having a falling out because of that. And then she said...



"I broke in, and went on to have another manager. He was younger. Umm. He was a cool dude. Umm. We ended up in Boston...I was basically there, like by myself. Umm. With like him and his producer friend...and he fell asleep and the producer friend basically like got a little bit...I don't know what it was that he was doing, but when I was in the room he got a little bit aggressive with me and I...You know...nothing happened, praise God, but that pushed me away and that made me scared to even you know, I was just like whatever...and that's why I started going like even harder with just doing stuff by myself."

So sad what she had to go through. So many wolves out there. I wish her all the  best...she is a really talented artist.

Below is the full interview...you can skip to the 5 minute mark where she talks about the sexual harassment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment