Chance The Rapper Speaks on Effect of Having a Daughter on His Life

Chicago rapper, Chance The Rapper recently had a kid (a daughter named Kinsley) with his girlfriend. The 22 year old rapper is a first time father, and during his recent interview on Hot 97 Radio's Ebro in the Morning show, Ebro asked him how fatherhood has been for him so far, and he answered with...




"Yea, she's a month old and its...honestly, you know, it feels like the beginning of my life. I don't know if that's how it feels for you, but it feels like everything before this point in my life was like...was like one bullet point, you know. Like one thing in my life, and then every day since then has been a new bullet point. She grows really fast and she smiles, and...em! She looks at me in my eyes and you know, it's, it's...it.s...The meaning of life is the purpose of life, you know. And I mean, I am lucky to have experienced it at this age and at this time in my life. Cos, you know, I thought I knew how to love, but now I know how to love better and I understand em, my relationship with my mother better...and my relationship with my brother and my father better. Yea, it's just...it's, you know. It's the thesis of life, and I'm there, so I;m happy." (Hot 97 Radio Interview with Ebro)




Yea, having a baby makes a boy grow into a man. I am happy he is experiencing this early in life. I wish I had had a baby in my twenties. Heck, I still don't have a kid, and I am in my 30s, but I am working on it. Being around friends with with kids, I know it is a beautiful thing.


Watch the full interview below.


No comments:

Post a Comment