Mike Tyson Recollects The Day Michael Jackson Embarrassed Him





The year was 1989, and Mike Tyson is at the top of his game. Tyson is arguable the most popular boxer in the world at the time, but I guess there is levels to this sh&t. He approached Michael Jackson one his concerts, and Jackson doesn't even know who he is.




Read Mike Tyson's narrative of the event below.




"The first time I met him (Michael Jackson)...it's probably 89. First time I met him is in Cleveland, he had a concert. And Don King is like 'let's go see him in the concert.' We go to the concert; last song is over with, em! His drummer...his drummer gives me his (drumsticks). He is at the door...Mike is at the door, waiting for his car. And it's really nobody there, just me and him, and he is just waiting for the car, and em, it was a truck. And he's looking...And people be coming over, from the band, from back stage. And then I try to get close to him cos I want to say something, and then he turns around and says 'where do I know you from?' I'm at the height of my career. And his like 'Do I know you from somewhere?' And I say 'No sir, no. I just came to the show, I'm really am an admirer of yours.' And he said okay. And he just turned around and just got in the car." (Ebro In The Morning Interview on New Yok's Hot 97 Radio)





Lol! I guess Wacko Jacko was in his own world at the time; he didn't even know who the greatest boxer of the time was.

No comments:

Post a Comment