An Interview With D Truce

I am big fan of good rap music, and when I heard this dude on Full Effex's The Truth Part 2, I knew I had to interview him. D Truce is  a Nigerian up and coming rapper, that has been dropping mad verses on a lot of established acts songs in the last 12 months. Check out the interview below-










Kaysrazone- So, what's up Truce? What's you real name?

D Truce- Ebuka Dusten Anyasie.

Kaysraprone- and what made you wanna become a rapper?

D Truce- Well...I can't say anything pushed me into rap music...it just happened...due to circumstances I found myself. Rap was my only form of escape...the only place I found a form of freedom...expression, so to speak *shrugs* lol!

Kayrapzone- Okay. When did you start writing rhymes?

D Truce- 08/09...I recorded my first song in 2010

Kaysrapzone- Cool. Do you have a mixtape out there, or are you working on one?

D Truce- I dropped a mixtape series in 2011 titled "Mixtape Killer"...it didn't do to well.  lol! It was a compilation that had 22 tracks...2 volumes, 11 on each. I'm currently working on an E.P. I'm done with the recording, but it is still being mixed and all that. It's gonna be ready soon enough...dropping first quarter of this year.

Kaysrapzone- That's great. So, have you been featured on other rappers tracks?

D Truce- Yea. I was on Modenine's Occupy The Throne mixtape; also on Cyrus Tha Virus "The Infiltration" mixtape. And also on AQ's E.P, which he released lately.Yea, and also on Big Foot of Micworx (producer) E-Tape...

Kaysrapzone- Okay. It's cool to see you are already playing with the big dogs. How did you catch the attention of a rapper of Modenine's calibre?

D Truce- lol! Well, I don't know. I just kept doing my thing. I have always been cool with his producer, Kraftmatics, so one way or another he noticed me.

Kaysrapzone- Cool. So, what can you say about the Nigerian audience, and how they react to Rap music?

D Truce- Well, the reaction is getting better with time. But the problem lays with the rappers not being able to translate the music into something the audience can relate to. It's about making good music. And not just rap music.

Kaysrapzone- Okay, I think I get you. Rappers like M.I have been able to appeal more to the audience, and still stick to rapping. Do you agree with me?

D Truce-  Yes, I agree with you. It's all about making good music overall...to me, classification of "Hardcore" and "Commercial" doesn't exist. All music made with the intention of making profit from is commercial...no matter what it sounds like.

Kaysrapzone- That's a point. So, where do you see yourself 2 years from now?

D Truce- I see myself in a position where, I've created a legacy with my music, and at the same time, made bastard money. lol! Isn't that why we are here?

Kaysrazone- Yea, true. God has given us all individual talents. So, we can bless the world with it, qnd then get blessed in return; with money and joy of achievement. Speaking of "bastard money", what's your dream car?

D Truce- lol! I don't have a dream car...anything sleek and strong goes.

Kaysrapzone- Okay. Before we end this, let me know your top 5 rappers dead or alive.

D Truce- Aii. In no particular order, my top 5 rappers are-


Ab-Soul
He's a perfect example of "deeper than rap" cos his music is so soulful...and he is deep.

Kanye West
No one can deny that Kanye did stuff that most artistes were scared to do in his prime. For example, singing off key on Common's album. lol!

M.I
M.I revolutionalized the Nigerian Hip-Hop sound. He owned it, and transformed it into something most young cats are tryna tip off now.

Modenine
lol! Ahh! Modo baba! Everyone knows Mode has bars for days. And his music is just...in its own class.

And finally...Kendrick Lamar
Kendrick is on my list not just cuz everyone is liking/famzing him now. I've been listening to him since mid 2011. And besides the fact that he can rap, his grind is just inspiring. And the way he makes his rap songs musical...the boy has got skills.

Kaysrapzone- Great list. It speaks a lot on what to expect from you in the near future.

D Truce- Thanks.



You can download/listen to a tracks by D Truce here- Hollywood & So Gone

and another track he was featured on here-  Truth Part 2- Full Effex feat. D Truce

And, also- Primetime Exibit A- Modenine feat. D Truce M trill





           

9 comments:

  1. Nice interview Truce, u changd my view of Rap music... I strongly bliv in ur dreamz.. Best of luck in all.. Teeteelaryour

    ReplyDelete
  2. Woah!!!U're cool mehn....U've got talent no doubt about dat.And I knw u're gonna do more than the things u've done...thumbs up D-TRUCE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't shout my cousin is good dats all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice track DTRUCE on BOUNCE n HIGHPOWER. You guys need to check them out too,the sky is your starting point friend. Much love from queen latyphas friend

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Y) waiting for 'THE TRUCE SHALL SET YOU FREE' e.p to drop...won't say more than that!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. hmm! I'm also waiting for "the truth shall set you free"

    ReplyDelete
  7. I don't even know why they still refer to him as up and coming,dtruce has COME,d big guyz shld sign him already.and if you haven't listened to his so gone and hollwood,you are on a very long thing.thumbs up bro!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Chisom, my bad, I'm just now catching up on the dude's songs...he is something like a phenomenon. True, truce needs to get signed ASAP.

    ReplyDelete
  9. In one word, "AWESOME"

    ReplyDelete