Lupe Fiasco Names Rappers Better Than Kendrick Lamar

Kendrick Lamar gets brought up in a lot of hip hop debates, and you have to give it to the guy as one of the best rappers of this new generation. So, Lupe Fiasco was being interviewed on Hot 97 FM by Paul Rosenberg recently, and Rosenberg asked which new rappers he listened to. And he named a few rappers...including Young Thug, and Big Krit. Rosenberg, being the biggest Kendrick Lamar Stan on the planet, asked Lupe if Kendrick makes his list, and Lupe said...







 "I've always been a fan of Kendrick. I'm not a nut-hugger like you...Listen, Kendrick is ill. He's super ill. To me, the whole TDE team is the illest team. They're the illest team that I've seen in maybe 5 years. Ab-Soul's on the album. That's my homie...I'm trying to work with SZA right now...I love the creative collective they got. As an emcee, I wish I had that. Lyrically, no, I don't think Kendrick Lamar is the best. To me, MF DOOM is the best."






Hahaha! Good one, Lupe. This Paul Rosenberg is an annoying Kendrick stan. He is almost like a female in love or something. Of course I like Kendrick, but I don't rub that in people's faces all the time. Anyway, the interview continued, and Lupe was asked to name rappers he feels are better than Kendrick, and Lupe answered with...





"On some lyrics, I listen to lyrics, of the young emcees, I think lyrically, it's it's King Los, it's Logic...Cassidy. Lyrically? Stop playing with me." 



Well, I do feel Lupe and Kendrick are on the same level lyrically, but I think Kendrick is better than Cassidy. Cassidy has one flow, and hasn't grown much since the mid 2000s. King Los is a problem for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment