Ja Rule Says Prison Changed Him For the Better

A lot of people go to prison, and come home worse off than they were before they went in. And some go in, have time to reflect on their lives, and actually come home better. Veteran rapper, New York rapper, Ja Rule, in his recent interview talked about how going to prison changed for the better.

He said this during his recent interview on The Breakfast Club interview. Read his words on this below...

Image result for jarule and irv gotti on the breakfast club interview"N*ggas go to prison and come home smarter than how they was when they was in the streets. I wouldn't recommend it either. That's not what I recommend. I'm not recommending it for them, but Malcolm X said some real sh*t. He said 'outside of going to school, another place for a black man to go and find himself and learn is prison.' And I didn't understand what the f*ck he was talking about until I went to prison. Because when I went to prison, I had to sit down in a cell, and f*cking look at, how the f*ck did I get here, in this position. You know what I'm saying? After all that I've been through, all the successes that I have, how the f*ck did I end up in this cell. So I had to learn a lot about myself, Envy. And you know what I learned? I was doing a lot of f*ck up dumb sh*t. And when I learned that I came home a different man. So in that aspect, I realized, okay I understand what Malcolm was talking about a little bit."



You can watch the full interview below. Ja Rule talks about how prison changed him around the 12 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment