Birdman Speaks on How Lil Wayne Motivated Him When He Was Down

For those that that don't know, Lil Wayne signed with Birdman's Cash Money Records back in 1995, when he was just 12 years old. Cash Money started popping about 3-4 years later, with Juvenile as the biggest rapper on the roaster, and The Hot Boys (Juvenile, BG, Young Turk, and Lil Wayne) doing their thing. But, everything went downhill when people started to leave the label. They were one of the hottest cliques in the late 90s, but by the early 2000s, rappers started leaving the label. Juvenile left, BG left...at a point, it was just Birdman, Mannie Fresh (Artist/Producer), and Lil Wayne. At that point, Birdman was distraught as he had put in his blood, sweat, and tears to build up those artists. While he was down, he said Lil Wayne said something to him that woke him up. He said this during his recent interview on Nore and DJ EFN's show, Drink Champs.

Read his words on this below...

"When all that sh*t took place brah, it kind of f*ck&d with me cos I never thought it could happen. N*ggas would just go separate knowing how hard we come up and we really started with nothing and I blessed n*ggas. I gave my life to this sh*t. Honestly I put my everything on line. If I was going to die, I was going to die. If I had to kill I was going to...Whatever had to be done, I was with that sh*t. So, when it did happen, Wayne came to me like...cos I was in my feelings about this sh*t like, y'all n*ggas know what it is. N*gga y'all know what it is. He was like, 'men! F*ck them n*ggas men! I'm better than all them n*ggas together anyway.' That sh*t woke me up. I said, 'you know what, you're right. F*ck them n*ggas. Let's go.' And that sh*t turned me up. We ain't never look back."


You really have to give props to Wayne for that...the dude had Cash Money on his back from 2004-2008, before Drake, Nicki Minaj and the new signees came on the roaster.

Checkout Birdman's full interview below...Go to the 18 minute mark to hear him talk about Lil Wayne.

No comments:

Post a Comment