DJ Diamond Kuts Narrates How She Discovered Lil Uzi Vert

Lil Uzi Vert might be a superstar rapper now, but Veteran Philadelphia DJ, DJ Diamond Kuts was actually the one that discovered him in their hometown, Philadelphia many years ago.

During her recent interview on New York radio station, Power 105.1 FM, DJ Diamond Kuts spoke about how she and her husband discovered Lil Uzi Vert. Read her narration of the events that led to Uzi signing with Atlantic Records below.





"My husband called me buzz, and he say, yo there is this kid, Symere (Lil Uzi Vert), I really like him, I think we should work with him. And I said, let me check him out. I looked him up. Met him. Loved him. We started creating songs. We created like, umm, What Do You Want, and we created the song, Uzi. You know, all of the earlier hits. Umm. I played it on the radio. Cannon hit me. Cannon was like, yo Diamond, who's that kid you played on your set. I said, his name is Uzi, his an artist that we working with. He was signed to our management at the time. And Cannon said I want to come down and meet him. At the same time Cannon was interested, Kanye was interested. Cannon didn't want to lose him to Ye, you know what I mean, so he said, Uzi, come down to Atlantic, let me show you how we work. If you like how we work, you know what I mean, you can sign with us, and then take it from there. We was all excited...we was all excited. Uzi was excited. We was excited. He went to Atlantic...he started...little by little, he wasn't talking to us anymore...that's pretty much how it happened. We heard on the streets that he signed to Atlantic."

Uzi shouldn't have cut her off like that, but god thing she had paperwork, so she got a settlement from Atlantic Records. You can watch the full video below...she starts talking about Lil Uzi Vert at the one minute mark.


No comments:

Post a Comment