Yung Miami Speaks on City Girls Getting on Drake's 'In My Feelings' Song


City Girls is a rap duo consisting of two female rappers from Miami, JT, and Yung Miami. The group was formed in 2017, and they got signed to Quality Control Music (the label that has The Migos, Lil Baby, and Lil Yatchy signed) the same year, after making just one song. One half of the group, JT is in jail right now, but Yung Miami is holding things down for the City Girls.





The group appear on Drake's In My Feelings hit song from last year. In her interview from a few weeks back with The Breakfast Club crew on Power 105.1 FM, Yung Miami narrated how the collaboration with Drake came about.

Read her words below.

"P just called us and was like, 'Drake wants to do a record with y'all.' So, I',m like, 'What!'...Me and JT like, 'What!' He called us. Me and JT, we didn't live together, but she used to always be at my house. She will be at my house not talking to me. In my house, eating all my snacks, talking about my grocery...So, we always together. I'll be in my room, she would be like in the living room. So, P called us like...when he call, he be like, 'get JT on the phone.' Or, 'put me on the speakerphone, where  Miami at'...And he called and was like, 'Drake want to do a record with y'all.' We like, 'P, stop playing us.' Cos P like to play. So, we like, 'please stop playing with us.' He was like, 'I'm serious.'... He showed us the DM, and we was like, 'Oh my God, b*tch we made it.'"




It's really interesting how things transformed quite fast for them. Although JT had been rapping for some years before they formed the group, Yung Miami started rapping in 2017, and by the next year, they were signed to Quality Control, and were featured on one of the biggest songs of last year, Drake's In My Feelings.

You can watch the full video below...she talks about the connection with Drake at the 14 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment