Gucci Mane Speaks On Signing Chief Keef to His Label

A couple of weeks ago, it was announced that Gucci Mane had signed Chief Keef to his 1017 Brick Squad label. Waka Flocka left the label last month, so Keef should be a good replacement. Of course, Chief Keef is still signed under the parent company, Interscope Records; but Brick Squad will be like his sub label. Just like Big Sean is signed to Def Jam, and is also under Kanye's G.O.O.D Music label. 






Read up Gucci's words on this move below-

"He a big fan of mine and I just see a lot of potential in him. I feel like all these years I've been in the rap game, there's a lot of things that I wish I could have did a different way. So I just feel like if nothing else, I just want to give him some advice so that he can just enjoy his career. Just show him that trouble is so easy to get into. It's really more of a big brother thing. There's a business arrangement of course, but I just really like him as a person. He hard. He for real. The young people take to what's real, what they perceive as authentic." (XXL Mag)



I hope Gucci Mane will be able to keep Keef out of trouble...but the problem is, Gucci is always getting into trouble himself. But, you have to respect Gucci's hustle...Dropping mixtapes like every 3 months, and having them sell like albums. The south always supports their own.


No comments:

Post a Comment