Melyssa Ford Speaks on Past Relationship With Flo Rida

Celebrities date each other all the time, and there are some of those relationships that go by without too many people getting to hear about them. I think one of them is the on-and-off relationship between Melyssa Ford and Flo Rida a couple of years ago. For those that don’t know her, Melyssa Ford used to be the number one hip-hop video model in the early-mid 2000s. And she wasn't like your regular stereo-type video vixen; the girl had class. She was actually doing it to get herself through University. And she gave it up shortly after she graduated. So, yes, she started dating Flo Rida a couple of years after quitting the whole video vixen thing.





They got together for the first time in 2008, when Flo Rida was just gaining popularity with his hit single, Low (featuring T-Pain), and she didn't even know who he was at the time. They broke up after like a month, because she felt he was too green in the industry, and then...Okay, let me let her tell the story. During a recent interview on Hot 105.1 FM, with the The Breakfast Club crew (DJ Envy, Charlamagne Tha God, and Angela Yee), she spilled the beans on her past relationship with Miami rapper, Flo Rida.




“When we met in Sirius (Sirius Satellite Radio)  in 2008, we dated for about a month. And that was when he was brand new, you know- Low. I didn't even know who he was...In 2008, he was way to green, and I was already a veteran in this industry. I was like, ‘boo, you got a lot to learn, and I’ma back-up,’ and, so I did. For three years, I wouldn't have any contact with him whatsoever. And then in 2011, he tracked me down on Facebook.”





She also spoke on why their relationship didn't last.

“We saw each-other for a couple of months (in 2011) then I broke up with him again, just because, fundamentally we are two very very different people who want very very different things in life, and there was not a lot for me to talk to him about...I found him very ostentatious- very flashy. I would always say, he’s Versace, I’m Calvin Klein, and that is not my style. I was like, why is it every-time we go out it gotta be a big production with the Bugatti, and the Ferrari and the entourage.”






Melyssa Ford is currently staring in the realty TV Show- Blood, Sweat & Heels. A couple of videos she can be remembered for are, Jadakiss’s Knock Yourself Out, Jay Z's Big Pimping, and Mystikal's Shake Ya Ass. She has also appeared in a couple of movies; the most notable being- Three Can Play That Game (2008), Love For Sale (2008), Video Girl (2011), and Think Like A Man (2012).













No comments:

Post a Comment