Eve Speaks On Her Upcoming Album- "Lip Lock"

Eve, former Ruzz Ryderz first lady hasn't released an album in 11 years. After her 3rd album in 2002, she took a detour to the movie world, but is about to get on the rap scene again after her long hiatus. This new album is going be her fourth studio album, and is titled "Lip Lock." She already got 1.2 million views on youtube with her "She Bad" song, which is like a teaser. The real album single, "Make It Out This Town" is dropping in a couple of weeks, and the album is set to be released on May 4th.





 Below is what she has to say about her "Lip Lock" album-


"There are so many great tracks on the album," says Eve who ran Billboard though her favorites: "'Eve' is one of my favorites. I'm obsessed with it! 'Mama in the Kitchen' is the one with Snoop on it. I love that! Those and 'Make it Out This Town' -- which is a very positive record -- are probably my top 3."

The "Let Me Blow Your Mind" rapper refers to her latest endeavor as more musical than her past releases. "It's everywhere. There's some club stuff on there, there's some mid tempo stuff, there's some slow stuff on there," she revealed, adding, "It's not the sound that people are used to."

Regardless of her stylistic changes, Eve is confident that she'll still appeal to her loyal fans.

"One of the biggest things that I wanted to do on this album was make people realize why they fell in love with me in the first place and then take them on a journey to where I am now musically. My ear is different but I think people will recognize me. I think you'll hear that I'm in a happy place. I miss my music. My hunger is different than the first time around." (billboard.com)


Eve has, 2 Platinum albums (one of which is a number 1 album), and one Gold album.

No comments:

Post a Comment