Irv Gotti Says He Regrets Taking Sides With Nas During His War With Jay-Z



Back in the 90s, Irv was Jay-Z's man, and jay even gave him a shout-out on Anything, a track off his Life And Times of Shawn Carter Vol. 3 album, where he said- But look at us now man, we're young execs My nigga Dame, my nigga Biggs, my nigga Tah My nigga Ja, my nigga Gotti...That was in 1999, and two years later, in 2001, when the Nas and Jay-Z war was on, it was just funny that Irv Gotti took Nas's side. Jarule and Asanti (who were signed irv's murder inc at the time) made a song with Nas titled The Pledge; sort of like pledging their Allegiance to him, or him to them, whichever way, i am sure it hurt Jay at the time, because that was the height of the beef with him and Nas, and Irv Gotti was meant to be his man, but Irv went as far as trying to sign Nas to Murder Inc at the time.


Read what Irv said about the issue below-

“I shouldn’t have did that with Nas. It was a mistake. Because above and beyond the music, Hov is my man. In front of MTV, I would shed blood for Hov. If I see Hov, I will get right in the mix of things,” he continued. “I should have never done that. But he knew it. He’s one of the smartest dudes, and he knew it. He said, that ambition. I said, yeah. If it means me going in them history books, I don’t care. I’m weird like that. That’s how bad I want it.”


From what Irv said above, it is clear he is trying to say his thing with Nas was strictly business. It's all good, but he should be his own man, and believe in himself. He need not say things like- I would shed blood for jay...i think, he is saying that because of the power jay has right now, and is thinking jay would have been able to put in work for him if he hadn't taken sides with nas in the past. That time has passed, and what we have is now, so he should forget that, and and consequences, and be a man of himself right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment