'Music Will Constantly Keep Evolving'- Wyclef Jean

Musical icon, and one third of legendary Hip Hop group, Fugees, Wyclef Jean was on Steve Harvey's show recently for an interview, where he talked about today's music, talent hunting in high schools, and a list of other topics. During the course of the interview, he got asked by Steve if he feels music would ever got back to how it used to be, and he gave a brilliant answer. Wyclef believes music will keep evolving, and newer artists are just as incredible as the older acts, but in their own right.

Read his words below...

"That's definitely a great question. I just think music will constantly keep evolving, right. And as it evolves it sort of like when we're doing the new tour you have fans that are singing the new Wyclef stuff that don't even know the Fugees stuff. Then you got the Fugee fans that like, 'what is this new stuff.' So I think that the key is to...where Bruno Mars is incredible. Kendrick Lamar is incredible. H.E.R is incredible. SZA is incredible. You have...Thug is incredible. You have incredible artists. I think, for me, one thing I learned about Quincy Jones is constantly keeping your hands on the pulse. So, for me, if my daughter is doing a dance, I want to know what the dance is. Cos most likely my wife and her is way more hip than I am in the house."




I definitely agree with him. Most of his peers (rappers/singers from the 90s) had a tough time with the way music was evolving for a long time, before most of them started embracing the change. Nothing can remain the same for ever. Rappers like Fat Joe and Jay Z understood this quite early, that was why they were able to stay relevant over the years

You can watch the full interview below.

No comments:

Post a Comment