8 Rappers That Have Written For P Diddy

Puff Daddy once said in a song, 'don't worry if I write rhymes, I write cheques.' Diddy has never denied using ghost writers for his rap verses. Well, why should he anyway? He is a music producer that decided to become a rapper when all the rappers under his label were selling millions, and he wanted more of that onscreen fame and money. Over the years, he has used multiple writers, and I want to list some of the notable ones.


Image result for diddy


8.  Mase
You really have to give it to Mase; he more or less wrote the whole of Puffy's first album (No Way Out) in 1997, and then went on to release his own debut album (Harlem World) the next year. That must have really drained his creative juices.



7 & 6. Jadakiss and Sheek Louch
Two third of the The Lox, Jadakiss and Shcek Louch wrote Puffy's verse on All About the Benjamins, off Puff's No Way Out album. I first heard that song when I was 16 back in 1997, and till this day, it is my favorite collaborative rap song of all time. According to an interview Sheek did in 2013, Missy was involved in putting that song together. She cut off Styles verse, and asked Sheek and Jadakiss to write Puff's verse on the song.




5.  50 Cent
Yea, even though 50 Cent likes to taunt Diddy every chance he gets, he has once enjoyed that Diddy money. He ghost wrote on Diddy's second album, Forever, back in 1999. At the time, Mase was already exiting the label, and 50 sounded a lot like Mase back then, so I guess that's why Puff was drawn to him.


4.  Loon
Another Bad Boy rapper that wrote for Puff during his own peak. After Mase left Bad Boy at the end of the 90s, Puffy needed another sidekick, and he was lucky to get someone that sounded a little like Mase. Loon went on to write for Puff in hits such as I Need a Girl (part 1), and I Need a Girl (part 2)...I remember rocking that song at clubs back in the day when I was in college.


3.  Sauce Money
Sauce Money is a rapper that was on a come up with Jay Z (they are both from Marcy) back in the mid 90s. He didn't blow up, but got a lot of ghost writing cheques. He actually wrote the verses of one of Puff's biggest songs till date...The Tribute to Biggie, I'll Be Missing You. I always used to wonder back when that song came out how Puff was able to record such a great song in such a short time. I didn't know he had lots of help.


2.  Fabolous
Fabolous is another rapper that sounded a lot like Mase at a time. I guess Puff really wanted so badly to recreate the magic he and Mase made. Fab wrote for him on his forth album, Press Play.


1.  J Cole
Yup. J Cole wrote Diddy's verse on the 2010 song, Coming Home. That was Puff's Dirty Money era. 

No comments:

Post a Comment