Eminem Gave Fat Joe His Demo Half a Dozen Times



Eminem might be one of the biggest rapper in the world right now, but there was one time he was a struggling rapper living in his mom's trailer. There have been stories that he got overlooked by the likes of Puff Daddy, Irv Gotti, and a host of other record label owners of the 90s. But the latest news in this line is the one of Eminem approaching Fat Joe with his demo a total of 6 times. And the funny thing is that Fat Joe says he can't even remember.




During him and Remy Ma's interview with Power 105.1's The Breakfast Club two days ago, Fat Joe narrated the story. Charlamagne said he heard he turned down Eminem 6 times, and Fat Joe said...





"Yea, men! That shit's crazy. I f#cked up men! I messed up bad...I didn't really know, you know Eminem, you know, he's always been a beautiful person with me, and one time we was having dinner, and he was like 'yo, you know I gave you my demo 6 times?' He knew every where. He was like 'Jack the rapper, Atlanta. How can I be down.' This, this, this...I was like what the f#ck. Shoot myself on the spot. I wanted to die" (The Breakfast Club Show Interview)





Funny that Eminem even remembered all the spots where he gave Fat Joe his demo tapes, and Fat Joe couldn't remember receiving the demo tapes. That's life. And it is great to know Eminem was so persistence with getting his rap career off the ground back then, even though he was a white dude getting into a predominantly white black dominated music genre.

No comments:

Post a Comment