Who Do You Consider to be The Greatest Rapper Of all Time













Who is the greatest rapper of all time? When I checked a couple of online dictionaries, these were some of the definition of greatest I saw- 'of an extent, amount, or intensity considerably above average. Or- 'of ability, quality, or eminence considerably above average. Or- 'of outstanding significance or importance.' Or- 'superior in quality or character; noble.' I never saw any definition that had to do with success of the said person, and I realized I had been caught in the crazy mentality of most Rap music listener, who believe the greatest of all time has to be the most successful artist of all time. And my thinking changed. Actually, a discussion with my friend (Full Effex), who is also a rapper, changed the way I looked at this subject.











So, I ask you my readers, who do you consider to be the greatest rapper of all time? It shouldn't be just about how many records the rapper has sold, so if you are going to mention any rapper, make sure to give me a reason why you consider him THE GREATEST.


Please leave your answers in the comment box below. Thank you.

5 comments:

  1. Just has to be Eminem. And everybody has his own GOAT but who has written verses that has given me the most goose bumps. Has to be Marshall mehn!

    Nice work with the site boss. Glad you never left. One love!!

    And in for Nigeria Hip-hop blogs, u are our G.O.A.T!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cool. I had three people in mind, and Eminem is one of them...so we are thinking alike. And thanks for the props about the blog. I have to say, as much as I love to do this, it hasn't been easy keeping this blog for so long. By December 1st, it would be 7 years.

      Delete
    2. Yea it isn't easy. I'm thinking of how you can make it more profitable. Maybe if we can get d lyrics of Nigeria's hip hop songs and maybe Africa sha. then maybe hip hop album reviews for our continent. Then more all that sexy pic of the day to draw the ever erotic audience. Then maybe hip hop hangouts. But all this is gonna take time to plan and all. We can be the Nigerian version of hotnewhiphop.

      Delete
    3. Yes we can! Thanks for this tips...I will start working on them immediately.

      Delete
  2. In no particular order: Nas-2pac-Ice Cube. But if I'm forced to choose one, it has to be 2pac. Remember he never did it for money, he did it for expression, along the line money came in.

    ReplyDelete