Obie Trice Says 50 Cent Stunted His Career Growth






A lot of new Hip Hop listeners might not know who Obie Trice is. But back in 2002/2003, when 50 Cent was just popping, he was right there with 50 on the Shady Records roaster. As a matter of fact, they were blowing up at about the same time, but I guess all the planets were aligned in 50's favor at the time, which kind of over-showed his career. I remember the song (Love Me) he, 50 Cent and Eminem had together on the 8 Mile soundtrack album back in 2002; people used to argue on who got the best verse out of the three of them. But once 'Get Rich  or Die Tryin' came out and it was a wrap; all the attention was on 50.



Obie did a recent interview (about two weeks ago) on Hot 97 Radio, with Ebro and Peter Rosenberg, and this is what he had to say about 50 Cent stunting his growth while at Shady Records.






"50...50 really did it to me men! 50 came and just...If there was no 50 Cent, my shit would have been outta here. All that momentum he had, like Wanksta...when he came out. You know, it was like, 'we fuck with Obie, but men! This guy right here is like Tupac...what? He was shot 9 times? Oh shit!' So, am like damn! I'm talking to...My brother was my manager at the time I was like 'damn, we got to get shot out here.'"




Also during the interview, he jokingly said he couldn't stand 50 Cent.

"I couldn't stand this muthafucker then. Muthafucker come in smiling like a muthafucker 'What's up all?' Get your ass outta here. He was killing the game. You know, we were blessed to have worked with him...did some concerts with him. You know what I'm saying. We had a great time with him. It was just...we...we ran the game.


Check out the full interview below.



No comments:

Post a Comment