Fashawn to Feature Nas and Aloe Blacc on First Single off Ecology


New Mass Appeal Records artist, Fashawn is currently working on his second album and first on his new label. After making his own version of Nas's Illmatic (Ode To Illmatic) 4 years ago, little did the he know that he would one day get signed to his idol's label. In his latest interview with HHDX, he spoke on how the first single off his upcoming album (The Ecology) will feature Aloe Blacc and Nas









"The record with Nas and Aloe Blacc is a monster. That record is a monster. That song is a monster...If you would have asked me five months ago, I couldn't even imagine making a song like this with artists of this caliber. That's probably gonna be the first song you hear off The Ecology. Everything has evolved...I'm so happy I took my time with this one, especially in the climate of Rap." 






I can't wait to hear that, cos I know it will be very musical. The problem most rappers have is that they just rap...rap, and rap some more, they don't know about the other intricate details of making 'a song' that people can actually enjoy listening to and probably memorize. I am not talking about going pop, but making a song with a good hook/chorus, and good beat, and good production overall. 


In case you don't know him, Fashawn is a rapper from the west coast (Fresno, California). He dropped his first album, Boy Meets World in 2009, and was featured on XXL's Freshmen Cover the following year. His second album, The Ecology is set to drop on September 30th. 

No comments:

Post a Comment