Meek Mill Gives Details on Second Album- Dreams Worth More Than Money

MMG rapper, Meek Mill is currently working on his second album, which would likely drop end of the year, or early 2015. The album is titled Dreams Worth More Than Money, and the confirmed guest appearances off the album are Big Sean, and A$AP Ferg. During his interview with Miss Info last night before the BET Awards, Meek Mill gave some info on his sophomore release. 





“Alright, let me tell you real details. Meek Mill is on a whole other level. I don’t like to talk from my perspective, ‘cause everybody gon’ say, ‘My next project hot, this is my best project.’ I’m 27 now, my last project I was 25. And really, I was kind of caught up. I just started making millions of dollars. Rap wasn’t like my main focus, I was focused on getting my family out the streets and having a lot of money. You know, I accomplished part of that and now it’s fully back to being fully an artist. I got me,Big Sean, A$AP Ferg shooting a video Monday, something off the album. Me and Big Sean did the ‘Burn,’ you know how that was. It was a lyrical attack. Me and him going back and forth, having fun. It’s kind of the same thing, it ain’t even no hook on it. It’s me, him, and Ferg. Ferg is sounding like you never heard Ferg sound...It’s called ‘B-Boy.’ Then, it got like a transition into it, me and Pharrell working on something.”


It's good to see he is excited about the album. And it is also good that he wants to focus more on his craft as an artist now, and not on money. Further along in the interview, he also spoke on a Nas collaboration he is planning for this album. He had one (Maybach Curtains) from his last album already and is thinking of getting another Nas collab? Hmm!


Speaking on songs he is working on off the album, he detailed a song he is trying to get Nas on. 


“I got one that’s a true Hip Hop song that I’m putting Nas on. It’s true Hip Hop. Lyricism. It’s Nas on it. I think it’s a sampled beat that sounds sort of like Scarface when you think of the movie. I’m waiting to get Nas in the studio any day. When he get in the studio I know he gon’ love it, Nas ain’t gon jump on it if he don’t love it.”

No comments:

Post a Comment