Kim Kardashian's Mother (Kris Jenner) Goes In On Mr. President (Barack Obama)

So, a couple of days ago, during an interview with Amazon, Barack Obama was talking about The American Dream, and how it has changed. He talked about how people are presently more concerned about knowing everything celebrities do, and use it to measure what success is. Let me just take a quote from the Obama interview- "Kids weren’t monitoring every day what Kim Kardashian was wearing, or where Kanye West was going on vacation, and thinking that somehow that was the mark of success."


Kris Jenner defended her daughter and Kanye West on her show this morning...read her words below. And please, do not read it with the mind that "nothing good can come out of Kim Kardashina's mom's mouth"...read it with an open mind, she dropped some gems in there-




It’s really great that people aspire to get a great job, and I too wanted that when I was growing up, and when I had graduated from high school, I really wanted to work hard and succeed. But I wasn’t aware that you could only set the bar so high. And that we could only dream so big. I was taught ‘dream big, work hard and you can have whatever you wanted,’ right?

And another thing. I bet the President has some friends with 10,000 square feet houses and you probably wouldn’t mind going over there, Mr. President, while you were asking them to have a party for you, when you were campaigning for dollars to run for president. I find it so odd that he’s picking on Kim Kardashian and Kanye West. Kanye West doesn’t go on vacation ever […] and Kim Kardashian is the hardest working young lady in the world. She never sleeps, she never stops, she never slows down, and works so hard for what she’s got.  So I started thinking about her 10,000 square foot house and I thought, ‘Wow! Her job, affords her to live in a 10,000 square foot house.’ And I think, if I’m not mistaken, Mr. President’s job affords him to live in a 55,000 square foot house. So basically, my house would fit in his entry.

With all of that aside, you poke at someone and criticized someone for living a lifestyle. I’m sure when he grew up his dream was, ‘One day, I want to be the President of the United States and have a wonderful and fabulous life.’ And that was his dream. And I just  don’t think that we should put a cap on [what our dreams are]. Also, the thing I wanted to point out is that, we employ and give jobs to hundreds and hundreds of people just on Keeping Up With Kardashians alone and I think that’s a wonderful thing.



First of all, I think Obama is the the president of United States and shouldn't be using celebrities names in his speeches to prove anything. And what Kris Jerner said is very true; It was all good when Obama was getting donations from all the very rich friends of his, and he really didn't care what those people did for a living, and now he is trying to be a moral person. I am not a Keeping Up With The Kardashina's fan, but I never let hate blind me from the truth. And, for the record, what is the American Dream about anyway? He is making it seem like the American Dream is about modesty; that is far from the truth. People that built America were the risk takers, and there was no limit to their wealth. The Henry Ford's, the Andrew Carnegie's, and the Walt Disney's had very minimal education, but they lived the American Dream through attainment of their dreams. Everyone and every line of work has a place in the world; no one should be ridiculed cos he/she is in the entertainment world...especially not by the president of a great country like America. Kim and Kanye are living their American Dream through success in what they do, period.




By the way, below is the full version of what Obama said about The American Dream-

The American Dream involved some pretty basic stuff. A home you could call your own. A good job where you felt some security. A good education, and the ability to get a higher education if you wanted to pursue it. People felt if they worked hard they could get there. I don’t think people went around saying to themselves, ‘I need to have a 10,000-square-foot house’. I think, there has also been a shift in culture. We weren’t exposed to the things we didn’t have in the same way that kids these days are.

There was not that window into the lifestyles of the rich and famous. Kids weren’t monitoring every day what Kim Kardashian was wearing, or where Kanye West was going on vacation, and thinking that somehow that was the mark of success.

No comments:

Post a Comment