Drake Says Kendrick Lamar Can't Murder Him On Any Level

I got to be honest, I am kinda tired of writing about this, but I just got to do it one more time for Drake's sake...Drake is my dude. In the last couple of weeks, Hip Hop has been all about Kendrick Lamar's controversial 'Control' verse, that had him calling out some of his peers, and also calling himself the King Of New York. One of the rappers he said he wanted to murder on the verse was Drake, and Drake has responded to Kendrick...well, not via a track.


Drake covers next month's issue of Billboard magazine, and one of the questions he was asked about in his interview for the magazine was whether he felt threatened by Kendrick Lamar's threats to murder him (lyrically), and he said-






"It just sounded like an ambitious thought to me. That's all it was. I know good and well that Kendrick's not murdering me, at all, in any platform. So when that day presents itself, I guess we can revisit the topic." 













I think the only advantage Kendrick might have over Drake is in delivery department...people get carried away with how fast or multisyllabic a rapper gets sometimes, they over look other areas of a rap verse like meaningful lyrics, wordplay, and actual structure of the rapper's verse. I think Drake really is dope when he decides to rap, and he is really musical, and a very successful rapper. If we use A$AP Rocky's Fuckin Problems to judge who will murder who, I think it is safe to say Drake murdered everybody on that track...including Kendrick. If you are honest, you will agree with me. If I was meant to crown the new school rappers, I would say Drake is the King overall, then Kendrick Lamar, and then J.Cole.

No comments:

Post a Comment