MayD Gives Advice To Upcoming Musicians

MayD started off with P-Square in 2011, on their 'Square Records' label. In a short while, he dropped hits like "Ile Ijo" and "Soundtrack". He later featured on P-Square's smash hit, "Chop My Money", which had Akon on the remix. Although he was dropped from the label last year, he has nothing but good words for his former bosses, and he has continued his journey as an independent artist.




In a recent interview with DailyPost, MayD gave some advice to up and coming musicians trying to make it in the vibrant Nigerian music industry.

My advice is directed to all aspiring musicians. They should understand that life is practically an Ecosystem. To survive, you must keep struggling. Keep doing your thing until it’s your time. You can do it. It’s your dream and no one else’s. Keep the positive dreams glowing and work towards it. Don’t sit down there, thinking that your dream will come to you; you can only go to your dream. If May D, Iyanya, 2Face and others can make it, then you have no doubt. All the best.







He also spoke briefly on his split from Square Records-
 
My relationship with Peter and Paul is still very cordial. We owe nothing against each other. It was only time for me to just be on my own. I saw that it was time to begin to direct my own ship; aside that, nothing personal.












2 comments: