What's Your Opinion On Tyga Working With Nas

If you know Nas, you know he doesn't feature on a lot of people's tracks. He said it himself on Luda's I do It For Hip Hop track- "they say i'm low-key...i'm socially awkward...the only niggas who know me are the ones that i work with". I think i can count the number of rappers, outside his camp, that Nas has done songs with since he got in the game in 91...and the number is not high. It has just been confirmed that he is going to have a verse on Tyga's upcoming album. I think that is a big surprise for me. For one thing, Tyga is not huge like that. And it is not like he is a Kendric Lamar or anything. I think Tyga is aight, but not the best of the best when it comes to the new kids on the block. So, for nas to agree, or put correctly, be interested in making a song with Tyga before making a song with someone like J.Cole...or Kendrick Lamar beats my imagination.



Personally, i think Nas is trying to show the new kids what he can do on the mic. He did the Lil Wayne outro on Carter 4 , and that got a lot of people talking. Then he had one of the dopest verses on Rick Ross's Rich Forever mixtape. And now he is doing a song with Tyga. I think Nas is gearing up for his 10th album release later this year, and he feels the need to be more in the people's eye.

Read what Tyga said about it below-


“Yeah man, I sent Nas a song like six months ago and I never heard back from him but out of the blue, he called me like, ‘Yo, you doing your thing. I want to be a part of what you doing, I like everything you doing. Keep working hard,” he said. “I sent him the ‘Kings and Queens’ that night and he did it the next day. I was like, that shit is crazy. Nas always talks that shit. The song, man, [his bars] added the cherry on top. It’s a real classic song. People are gonna like it. I wanna think of a dope video. The storyline of the song, the whole King and Queens [theme], it’s motivational.”
 




It is great that someone like Tyga can be excited to be working with Nas. Really, nas is not a lot of rappers role models. Although a lot of people testify to the fact that he is a lyrical genius, people would rather have someone like Jay-Z as a role model. You know...jay has the swag and the success and all. 


Anyway, lets see how this turns out. I think it would be great to have a video to go with the song. I think it would help both parties.

No comments:

Post a Comment