Mystikal Signing With Cash Money

Brian "Baby" Williams and Ronald "Slim" Williams just keep expending their Cash Money empire. First it was Cash Money Millionaires; now it is Cash Money Billioniares. I guess they have rights for that claim. They have Lil Wayne, Nicki Minaj, Drake, T-Pain, Busta Rhymes, Dj Khaled, and they  justcurre signed Mystikal to the label. A coupe of new rap listners might not know who Mystikal is, so i would try to carry out a little, very short history lesson.



Back in the mid-late 90s, No-Limit Records (founded by Master P) was a movement, just like Cash Money is right now, and Mystikal was signed under them. Mystikal is known for hits like Danger and Shake It Fast, which were club bangers back in 2000. He has a fast style of rapping, with a little howling and shouting like how James Brown does every now and then. He also doesn't rap fast continously, but purses every now and then. He went to jail in 2005, and got out in 2010.

Okay, so the news is that he has been signed to Cash Money Records, and i think it is a great move. I know Baby and Slim always allow artists they sign their own creative approach to whatever they do without getting in the way. And the other good part about them is that they would push you to your limit, till you start performing at a creative level you never thought was possible. And i think that is great for any artist. I think Mystikal just hit a jackpot.

Below is what Mystikal said about the signing-


"It was actually materializing for a while now," Mystikal tells VIBE, adding that, "the conversation started when I was going through my incarceration. And those conversations continued once I came home. The right things happened and the right kind of deal was made. What I got from Wayne was don't be to astounded by what you are seeing because this is nothing. Let's go make history. That's a young dude telling me that. Coming from him and given the big things he's doing right now, that was right on for me. ... Even Ray Charles could see what was happening over at Cash Money [laughs]. The minute I went over there and stepped my foot in the studio I knew it was real. I never thought I would go from No Limit to Cash Money. It was like God was leading me. Imagine what I can do over here." (VIBE)

He officially announced his signing to Cash Money Records on December 13...

"It has been a truly long time since I have felt like a rapper and with this signing, and partnership, Birdman and Slim have given me my life as a rapper back. I am ready to go. I am going to put my red Superman drawers, cape and boots on and go! This is a huge moment for me and I am truly excited to be with Cash Money Records." (Statement)

And Birdman himself had some words to say about the move-

"It's perfect timing for him and for us to be able to work with him," continues Baby. "We're just excited. I didn't even look at the past. I didn't think about what we went through. That shit's so far behind us. We're trying to provide for the team and the family. I think he's a special talent like a Busta Rhymes or a Drake or a Wayne. He can't be duplicated. His style is original. We gonna put out some visuals on him, his album is coming in May and we gonna roll." (XXL Mag)

1 comment:

  1. I love his first cash money single......ORIGINAL ft Bird and Lil Wayne.

    ReplyDelete