Nas Speaks on 10th Album

We are at the end of 2011, and still no new album from Nas. Initially, there was talks of his 10th album dropping before the end of the year. It was tentatively titled "Life Is Good". He even dropped the lead single, Nasty sometime mid year, and the Vidoe hit MTV in October. I guess it didn't create the kind of buzz he hoped for. I like the song as a Nas fan, but dropping a single with no hook...just rap all through....i think when you do that you are only banking on the fan-base you have built over the years to buy the album.



The news out now is that the album would drop next year. I think it might drop like 2nd quarter. Anyway, below is Nas's update on the album-


"I'm coming out with an album next year. I'm getting my music ready and working on it constantly. There's no theme to it. Each song is about something totally different than the last. It's about regular life," Nas said in an interview. "Writing is good for you. If you don't use it, you lose it. It's good to work yourself and try yourself and see what you come up with. [My dad being a musician inspired me.] Yeah, definitely. But I was usually inspired by Michael Jackson, The Jackson 5 and Run DMC. Those guys really spoke to me. Miles Davis too. I really like jazz. It's smooth. (Miami Herald)

No comments:

Post a Comment