AZ Comments on "Greatest Rapper of All Time" Issue

The greatest of all time has always been a debate in Rap/hip hop, and a lot of people from LL COOL J to Jay-Z have claimed it for themselves. Must people even believe the title belongs to dead rapper, Biggie (which i feel does not make sense, because he can not be judge more than the work he did, and it would mean that what ever every other person does would not count).

Below is what AZ has to say about the whole issue-
Who's the greatest of all time? I don't even know what names you could put [in that category]. I haven't studied it and it doesn't really make any sense. Hip-hop is too young to be calling out someone as the greatest of all time.

There's so many people that brought so much to the rap game in different zones in different categories throughout hip-hop. So what my question becomes, how can you label who's what? You got the eclectic people, you have the backpackers, the gangsters, the dancing rappers and so on. There's just too many categories for people to be able to choose a greatest of all-time.

It's never made sense to me. Calling out or naming a greatest of all-time don't make no sense. And nobody makes all those genres of music, as far as hip-hop, as one artist. You got some who go pop because the machine behind them pushing them into that genre and so you hear it everywhere. But you can't say these people are lyrically inclined as well as they can't do the gangster music, the party music and the other sorts of records out there.

It doesn't make no sense. I don't study none of that. I'm just in my own zone. I'm literally in my zone and I don't know what's going on elsewhere because there can't be a greatest of all time debate. It doesn't mean anything.

No comments:

Post a Comment