Game Talks About Nas's Reaction to "The Kill" and a Possible collaboration

One thing i know Game has accomplished that a lot of his contemporaries have not is the relationship he has with a lot of the Greats in the rap game (asides from Jay-Z). I mean, the dude has a song on his mixtape (purp and patron) where he features Dog E. Fresh, Big Daddy Kane, and K.R.S 1- the song is nothing short of classic. I guess it is this same quality that had him falling out with 5o cent, cos 50 wanted him to beef with Fat Joe, Jadakiss and Nas. Those are New York Rap legends- in fact, they are rap veterans, period! 50 might have all the money in the world, but he does not have that love from other rappers. I guess 50 is just in it for the money.

Anyway, back to the story. Last week, game talked about how nas hit him up with a text message propping him over the quality of his latest mixtape (purp and patron), with enphasis on The Kill. He said he hit Nas back, but nas didn't respond. Read about it below-
"You know Nas went through the whole Kelis thing, and he been going through some sh*t," Game explained in an interview. "He was staying low. Then he put the album out that he had with Damian Marley. He had to tour that. But, when I dropped the [Purp & Patron] tape, I got a f*cking text from a 917 number. I was like, 'Who the f*ck is this?' I open the text up, and all it says is 'N*gga. It's Esco. The tape is crazy son. 'The Kill' -- crazy son.' Then I replied to the n*gga like 'Yo yo yo yo.' Then the n*gga disappeared on me (laughs). He's like phantom my n*gga (laughs). He just came in to say that 'The Kill' and the tape was crazy, then that n*gga went on and away." (Baller Status)

He also talked about a possible collaboration between him and Nas on The R.E.D album.
"But I love him for sh*t like that man," Game added. "Then he hit me back the next day, and said he was getting on a plane that's why he ain't respond. Then he hit me back the next day and said he'd be in LA in a week. He said he was going to come and listen to all my songs, give me his whole input on the album, then find a song right for us, and he's going to do it. Hopefully that sees the light of day, because n**** this f***ing album [R.E.D. Album] is nothing short of a miracle man." (Baller Status)


They have always made beautiful music together, so, i do not expect anything short of another great track. Their first collaboration was on Nas's "hip hop is dead" album titled HUSTLERS (A Dre Dre produced track); the they did the "why you hate the game" track on game's DOCTOR'S ADVOCATE the same year (2006). Two years later, there was another collaboration on Nas's UNTITLED album, the track also featured CHRIS BROWN- and then, the same year, 2008, they appeared together on "letter to the king", on L.A.X. With all this tracks, it is enough reason for them to go into the studio again.

2 comments:

  1. I like this post bro.... Keep it up with Da Blog! Anyway are u on facebook or twitter?

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeah, i am am on both facebook and twitter. For facebook, search for kayode odusanya...for twitter, i am @kay29000.

    Thanks for the comment.

    ReplyDelete