J.Cole Had a Crush On Aaliyah

J.Cole just confessed that he had such a crush on Aaliyah; i must say that he is not the only one. I had such a huge crush on Aaliyah like i have never had on any other r&b singer that has ever been on the scene. Till today, my eyes almost get watery when her videos come on- especially the "more than a woman" video.


Aaliyah just had that thing about her; it wasn't sexiness or anything like what female artist like to portray nowadays. She was really a germ.

Below is what J.Cole had to say about his crush on her:
"Aaliyah, man, it's such a [tragedy]," Cole said in an interview. "I had such a crush on Aaliyah. It was like a little boy crush but it was a true crush. Then when she died, I called my mentor because he was way older than me and I was like, 'Man, you think it would be corny? I want to make a beat.' I was always naming my beats, and this beat I wanna make for Aaliyah. Not a song, I just wanted to make a beat...I did a beat. I wish I could remember, like, I remember slightly what the beat sounded like. But that was my way to pay respect in my own little world, in my own room, just making a beat for her." (Soul Culture)

Aww! That is so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment