Wyclef Says Fugees Are Not Meant To Be

I press rewind, 15 years ago, i can remember me and my 3 brothers going to the store to get "The Score", the FUGEES album- it felt so great. We had basically heard half the songs on the album on radio, so it was no argument whether the rest of the album would be dope.

They sold all those records, and made it big individually too. Then when their individually successes started to dwindle, Wyclef, the suppose leader of the group started trying to get them together again- i guess he is still trying, after more than 10 years.

Incase you don't really know about the fugees, they were a rap group that comprised of Wyclef, Pras, and Lauryn Hill. I guess what made the group so super was the balance they had- Pras was the all round rapper, wyclef was the rap/producer with all the creativity, and lauryn doubled as a rapper and a singer- it couldn't get better. The album that brought them to limelight, the score, was released on Columbia records, in 1996.

Below is what wyclef had to say about fugees:
"I saw Pras on the flight and as a Fugees member I didn't know whether to elbow him, shoot him or give him a kiss and we gave a hug (sic)," explained Clef in an interview with BBC.

"When it comes to Lauryn and Pras, it's my childhood, they always bring me to that place," he explained, clearly feeling the nostalgia many Fugees fans feel to this day. "Bono's U2 calls The Fugees the Hip Hop version of the Beatles. It was the first band of Hip Hop in our generation."

Unfortunately, while Wyclef has fond memories of the Fugees' past, he has no optimism for their future. "At the end of the day Pras is my brother and Lauryn is my sister, despite what the media say. The Fugees are not meant to be. We're rock stars from a locked group. You're going to have egos and differences but at the end of the day I love them both very much"

No comments:

Post a Comment