Game- Purp and Patron Mixtape, R.E.D Album, and more

Right now i am listening to the Purp and Patron Mixtape (Game's new mixtape that dropped a couple of days ago), and i can say i am hearing a lot of maturity on some tracks, and a lot of versatility. I heard some old tracks, even though game claimed all the tracks. The track, "children story", i have heard it on one of his previous blackwall street mixtapes. Anyway, the mixtape has a huge buzz on the internet right now and i am happy for him. I think he needs something like this for them to give him clearance for his R.E.D album at Interscope.

His album is long overdue, and he needs to drop it before people start forgetting him. Game is everywhere on the internet right now, so i am going to bring up some of the news on him-
Game maintains that R.E.D. will still be executive produced by Pharrell and feature production from Dr. Dre, and that he's only a week away from settling on an official single. "I got a couple singles picked out. I talk to the label in a week and I'll play them the whole album and we'll come to an agreement collectively on what we should go with," he explained. "I got shitloads of singles for the album. So we'll see what catches and we'll roll with it." As far as collaborations, the former G-Unit rapper did reveal that Chris Brown and Wiz Khalifa will make the final cut. "Oh yeah, Wiz is on the album, Chris is on the album. Pretty much everyone is on the album," he shared. "Whoever you could think of. Except Jay-Z and 50." (Rap-Up)

Hmm! I don't know, but i really would like if game didn't have to keep bringing up 50cent's name. You got talent kid, you do not need all that publicity by shouting out 50 name (in a negative light)...or maybe i don't know how the music industry works.

More news from game below concerning the R.E.D album-
"The R.E.D. Album is pretty much 95 percent done," Game explained in an interview. "Until I find a record that is just so amazing to me, and it's next level and doesn't sound like anything that's out, makes me feel comfortable with it being played on the radio... I won't give R.E.D. Album a date. At this point, it's pretty much in my hands. I had a meeting with Jimmy Iovine and the label heads about a week ago, and they gave me the green light to pick a date when I want. The album is so classy, that I can't sell it short with any single man. I wanna come with the right song, and make sure it's a song that's classic and iconic, and then we'll know." (Complex)

I wish Game all the best- he still is in my top 3 for right now (Nas, Jadakiss, and Game).
Below is more news on the PURP AND PATRON MIXTAPE and the R.E.D album- in fact, it is a full-length interview.

Game chopped it up with AllHipHop.com’s Founder Grouchy Greg and went into detail about how the massive mixtape came together, the possibilities of a collaboration with 50 Cent, his thoughts on Bloods in Hip-Hop and how a monumental track with KRS-One, Doug E. Fresh and Big Daddy Kane came to fruition.

All of this is to hold fans over until his fourth official LP The R.E.D. Album gets a release date.  According to Game, the mixtape is a throwaway until the real thing comes along. Check out Part 1 of this 2 Part interview.

AllHipHop.com:
Congratulations on the success of the Purp and Patron mixtape. Your reps told me it has done about 200,000 downloads since you dropped it. 

Game:
Ni**as is congratulating me on the mixtape all day, like a Ni**a just won the NAACP Award or some s**t. (Laughs). I got three albums, all of them are platinum. I can understand it. They aint gravitating to some nobody in s**t. But I have to be honest, I didn't think it was going to do all this s**t. I can't even begin to understand it. 

AllHipHop.com:
How do you think the people at Interscope are feeling since the official album has been delayed? 

Game:
The label, they talking about putting The R.E.D. Album out tomorrow (laughs). We had a conversation, I'm going to go play them the album next week. The label is already on board, that's why I put the mixtape out. 

AllHipHop.com:
So Interscope had no problems with you dropping this double mixtape with all of those cameos? They gave you permission? 

Game:
Gave me permission? Grouchy, Ni**as don't give me no f**king permission. I met with Jimmy Iovine himself, I told him what my ideas were as far as my project. Then he put the whole building at my disposal. 

AllHipHop.com:
So there's like 30 some odd new songs out and that doesn't include this Hangover bonus you said you are going to drop. Didn't these songs take a lot of money to make, with the amount of guest appearances on this mixtape? 

Game:
I'm from one of the most notorious cities in America. Over the years, throughout the early phases of my career, all the way up until now, I've developed friendships, so I can pretty much get anybody on a song as far as reaching out. Fab, Wayne, those are my dudes, along with Snoop. Me and Wiz [Khalifa] got tight in the last four or five months. It wasn't hard to put together the project, but the studio time, that was on me. I probably spent about $20, $30,00 working on this mixtape. But I just came off tour, I'm caked up, so we made it happen. 

AllHipHop.com:
With all these guest appearances, what in the world can be left for your official album? 

Game:
The album is nothing to be played with. It's killing the mixtape. The mixtape I threw that s**t out and Skee helped sequence in the right way. 

AllHipHop.com:
Is there any conceptual theme to this album? I noticed the song you gave AllHipHop.com "The Kill," it seems like you are speaking to your fans a little bit different. To be honest it sounds more mature. 

Game:
The album sounds like The Documentary on steroids. The only thing missing from this album is 50 Cent. As much as he don't like me and I don't like him - or we say that we don't like each other - it's the only thing missing. I worked with Dre again, Just Blaze is back on it, I worked with Swizz Beatz again, I worked with 'Ye (Kanye West) again, I got DJ Premier on the album, Pharrell is executive producing it. Snoop, Drake, Trey Songz, Chris Brown, E40, Big Boi, it's crazy. 
 
AllHipHop.com: You think 50 will ever go back and work with you? 
Game: I think 50 might. I think we might work together again one day. But I tell you what, it will be on his project first, not mine (laughs). 
 
AllHipHop.com: Has there been any dialogue between you guys or your camps in terms of figuring out a way to end the beef?

Game:
There aint nobody to middleman the situation. It's going to have to be me and him. People would think it was a hoax or one of us was messing around with the other. We would really have to sit down, or it's going to be nothing. 

AllHipHop.com:
It's obvious the fans are waiting for The R.E.D. Album. XXL Magazine did a poll among the fans to see what album they were waiting for the most in 2011. You won by a landslide, over a lot of rappers. 

Game:
Of course. When it comes to albums, I don't disappoint. Like people can diss, bring up the "Change of Heart" s**t, say that I'm a fake blood. Like the "Change of Heart" s**t. OK, I went on there. That was me, I loved it, I had a ball. I was 17, that s**t was fun and I'd do it again today at 30. That was then. Ni**as say I'm a fake blood. But the Ni**as that think they are real bloods got their affiliation from me. I can dip in and out of any hood. Ni**as f**k with me man. I done paid my dues in the street. I don't have to try and be a "real" blood. I'm not out doing drive-bys, I'm at home with my kids. But as I elevate my life, my career, my family, I'm still the same person on the inside. If you push my button, I will break your s**t in half. Anybody will. If someone is testing your manhood, a f**king nerd will fight you. This album is me, I want it to see the light of day, not for me, but for my fans. They've been waiting on it. 

AllHipHop.com:
You touched on you being a blood. And you dropped that cut "Soo Woo" with Lil Wayne, who also reps the bloods in his music. Do y'all ever worry about law enforcement messing with y'all since everyone is claiming one affiliation?

Game:
I'll flip that question on you. Do you think the gang banging problem is realistically worse now than it was, when Ni**as like Snoop and N.W.A. was out? Why would anyone try to stop me or any of them Ni**as around the world who "think" they are bloods? Being a blood has become more a fad or a fashion for some people. Ni**as say blood and never seen it. Shit, I got Kim Kardashian and them on the mixtape yelling
"Soo Woo." It aint nothing. 

AllHipHop.com:
How do you feel about that, seeing as though you come from the era and area when it was real? 

Game:
I'm glad that being gang affiliated has become less violent. 

AllHipHop.com:
You have Lil Boosie on a track titled "187." Man of all the song titles, "187"? Wow. He's in jail facing the death penalty over a murder. What was it like working with Boosie? 

Game:
When he was going through trial, he did that for me and he was like "you can hold that. You are going to have the only Boosie verse and you might have the last Boosie verse for a long time." He looked out and I want everyone to know I am doing it for him too. I remembered I had it and I was like let me give the dude some light. I know that where ever he is, he got wind of it and he knows what's up. 

AllHipHop.com:
Well it's pretty dope how much balance this mixtape has artist wise, with cats from The Bay, West and the East. Why is this always so important for you to have this amount of unity? 

Game:
When have I not been a universal artist. When have I not named dropped my favorite artists? It's just who I am. When have I not payed homage? I got KRS, Doug E. Fresh and Big Daddy Kane on this album, on one track! A lot of the younger rappers aren't grass-rooted in Hip-Hop. They don't even know who Digable Planets is. They would think that was a special on A&E about the stars or some s**t. Ni**as don't go back to EPMD, Strictly Business or The Geto Boys, Tela, they don't know about the first Blueprint. Ni**as think Jay-Z had the first Blueprint. 

AllHipHop.com:
So on the "History" track with KRS, Doug E. Fresh and Big Daddy Kane, you actually worked in the studio with them?

Game:
  We was all in the studio at the same time. I got it on camera. Outside of meeting Dr. Dre, that was the best night of my f**king life. I will never forget it, and I am forever in debt, first to KRS-One, cause he put it together. Doug E. for being a good friend of mine and coming to the studio and my other homie Dougie D. who was like 'You got them in the studio? Let me call my man Kane!' Even KRS said 'Us three never been in the studio at one time, never."
 


download for purp and patron

No comments:

Post a Comment