A LOOK AT THE BILLBOARD CHART.

Hello people? I have not done this in a while, as a matter of fact, i have been off my blog for a while now, and i know i have lost a lot of readers, but i'm back and better, and ready to continue serving you with only the best gist in hip hip/rap, and my take on them.

On the billboard chart, there are not really any new rap albums doing good, it's still same ol JAY-Z, EMINEM...

The YOUNG MONEY album "we are young money" did 21k this week, bringing it to a total of 232k after about a month. I am not looking at gold for this album, but i wish them luck.

Eminem re-released his RELAPSE album around the end of last year, and it gave the album a boost. I guess he is trying to get the album over 2 million copies sold in the u.s. This week, the album sold 17k, bringing the total to 1,777,000. I think it is still going to have a big problem going double platinum, because people hardly ever talk about the album anymore.

Jay-z on the other hand has a lot going for him; dropping two singles off his latest album in the last 4 weeks, which are getting heavy rotation on radio, and the videos also being played constantly on t.v. I think if he keeps on pushing, he might just make it to double platinum. This week, his 11th album, blueprint 3, sold 15k, bringing the total to 1,549,000.

The biggest disappointment to rap right now, 50 CENT sold just 7,300 of his 4th album this week, bringing the total to 365,000. I can't believe that an artist that was known for selling millions, and even once selling 1.1million in his first week, is finding it hard to go gold after just 4 albums in. I think people are just tired of the same old tactics that 50 cent uses to promote his albums; starting a beef with a well standing rapper, just before he drops his album.

the clipse are still on the charts, although they are not doing high numbers, but they have never been known to sell platinum, but they have always dished out quality rap music. Their new album, "til the casket drops" sold 2,900 copies this week, bringing the over all total to 62,000.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I really liked your forum, especially this section. I just signed up and immediately decided to introduce myself, if I'm wrong section, ask the moderators to move the topic to the right place, hopefully it will take me well... My name is Mary, me 29 years, humourist and serious woman in one person. I apologize for my English

    ReplyDelete