IS DRE EVER GOING TO DROP DETOX?


I ma really getting tired of waiting on DETOX, dre's third studio album. People have been waiting on the album for like 6 years now. Just yesterday, i was listening to GAME'S debut album, THE DOCUMENTARY, and there was a song on it where dre comes in and says, "watch out for detox"; that was in 2005, 5 years ago. And the album is still not out, and he is even saying he does not know when it would drop.

I think he should just cancel the project, so that the whole world would stop waiting on it. He can do that, and start working on it on the down low, so that there would not be any pressure as per the release date.

I remember sometime late last year when i heard he and game were back in the studio, and were working on the album, i thought to myself "finally, detox would drop". And till now, even though he had SNOOP DOGG and STAT QUO also in the studio with him, day and night, i thought that would be enough force to push out the album, but i guess i was wrong.

Below is what he had to say about it:
"Once that sound is right, once that mix is right, it's a feeling that you get, here -- It's unexplainable," Dre said about putting together his records. "I have to go out to clubs now...You need to understand what people are listening to. I'm working hard on it. I'm stopping to work on other artists in-between, but the minute it's done and I feel it right here. I don't think I've done that [perfect] record yet. I'll know what it is when it comes; I know exactly what it is in my head, but I haven't done it yet. It's close...I got some sh*t coming, believe me."

On another note, i guess i know where he is coming from; he has to really perfect his job to the point where he feels it has gotten to that level, that dre standard. I wish him all the best.

No comments:

Post a Comment