Lil Wayne Speaks on What He Bought With The First Check He Got From Rapping





Lil Wayne got signed to Cash Money Records back in 1994, at the young age of 12, so you know he has been grinding for a long while. In a recent interview with ESPN, he narrated what he did with the first check he received from Cash Money Records at age 14, which was for $6,500.







"I was 14 years old and my first check I got was for 65 hundred dollars ($6,500).So 14 years old, a 65 hundred dollars ($6,500) check, waving it at your mom, you think you're doing something. She ain't bringin' in no 65 hundred dollars ($6,500) check every week, so that was the moment I knew I could do a little something with something...I gave it to her, but she didn't want a dime of it and she gave it back," the New Orleans rapper says. "She said, 'Well I don't want it. Whatever you want to do with it, let's go.' So I went straight to Nissan and bought a Pathfinder." (ESPN Interview)


You can watch the full interview below. 



No comments:

Post a Comment