Jay-Z Pours Out Heart On George Zimmerman/Trayvon Martin Case

George Zimmerman got acquainted of the murder case against him for the killing of Trayvon Martin last year. Some people believe this is an evidence of how strong racism still is in the U.S, others believe the trial was fair. What does Jay-Z think? Read Jay's emotional outburst below-




"I was really angry, I didn't sleep for two days. I was really angry about it. We all knew it was still a bit of racism in America but for it to be so blatant, if you just ask yourself the question, 'Didn't Travyon have a right to stand his ground?' He was being chased, he fought back. He may have won. That doesn't mean he's a criminal. He won. If you chase me and you try to attack me and I defend myself, how can I be in the wrong? How is that right? This guy went to get some Skittles and go back to watch the All-Star game. He had plans. 'I gonna get this Arizona, these Skittles, and go watch this game.' ... He had no intentions of robbing anyone's home -- it's a thing where it's like a reminder of, 'We still got a long way to go.' It's beautiful because this generation right now, they don't see color in that way. We're a bit removed from those racist feelings." ("The Truth With Elliott Wilson")




Hmm! I don't know what to say. More like I don't like getting into racial discussions like this. But one thing I picked from what he said above that is true is that- "It's beautiful because this generation right now, they don't see color in that way." That's what i would like to hold on to...the older generation will all pass away with time.

No comments:

Post a Comment