How Much Does 2 Chainz Charge For a Verse?

I have known the answer to this since early 2012, when I  read a 2 Chainz interview where spoke extensively on it. His buzz was just growing at the time, but other rappers already knew he was going to be one the biggest stars of NOW...so, they started booking him for verses. 2 Chainz has been charging $100,000 for a verse since early 2012, and has done over 60 since then...do the math.




Read up what he said about this in a recent interview-


"The thing about the hundred thousand, which I've been explaining ever since it came out, this question was asked to me out in London, so my answer, when they asked me how much I charge per verse, I asked them what was a hundred thousand in their currency, in pounds, I was just trying to explain the difference in currency. I think it was like 60k pounds or something like that. ... But it's no secret, I'm one of the most featured people but as far as my business and what I charge people, it's definitely on a different scale depending on who, when, what and all these situations. I've did swaps before but I'm in the part of my career now where I just want to do flat-out business. ... I know what my budget is and what I bring to the table. At the end of the day, you just have to appreciate. I appreciate what everybody does here in hip-hop and just for me, when people come to me and want features, I give them that. I don't short-change them." ("The Breakfast Club")

No comments:

Post a Comment