Kash Doll Narrates How She Used to Be Her Own Manager

Rising female rapper from Detroit, Kash Doll used to play the role of an artist, and a manager at the beginning of her career. She was the artist, and also the manager. So, when people called to book her, she would change her voice, and act professional like a manager for Kash Doll. She would handle all the protocols herself, and then appear as the artist when the deposit was paid.


She explained this during her recent Angie Martinez Show interview. Read her words on this below...

Image result for kash doll interview on angie martinez show"So I'm doing shows, right...I got booked out of town girl. I was doing my own bookings, let me tell you...I used to act like my own manager. So I was my manager too...I used to get real professional like, 'hello. You want to book Kash Doll? Okay cool, yes, she charges twelve hundred dollars. You have to give her one flight. Yes, a first class flight. Yes, and she want a five star hotel. Okay, perfect. Could you send the deposit? Okay, cool. As soon as you send the deposit, I'll let her know, and we'll get the flyer made. Okay, cool. Thank you. Alright bye bye.' Just like that, right. So, I'm booking. I'm booking...I was flying first class to each one of these cities, by myself. They would come to pick me up from the hotel...picking me up from the airport, take me to the hotel, take me to the venue, giving me my money, and dropping me off at the hotel. Ain't nothing ever happened to me."



What a funny and interesting story. You can watch the full Kash Doll interview below. She talks about being her own manager around the 13 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment