PnB Rock Narrates How He Started Taking Music Serious in Jail

PnB Rock is doing his whole rapper-singer thing right now, and he is blowing up big. In a recent interview on Power 105.1 FM radio, he narrated how he got his style. He was actually locked up for a while when he was in his late teens, and he said hearing people doing life singing made him consider singing too. Before then, he said he didn't believe hard people could actually sing and be accepted. So, he started rapping, and singing in the yard, and people locked up in their with him liked his style instantly. This gave him the motivation to take music serious.

Read his words on this below...

Image result for pnb rock interview on the breakfast club"I ain't really think it was cool for you to sing though. So when I went up state and I would see like n*ggas up there with life...m*therf&ckers up there like...they up there doing real life sh*t and they singing. But it wasn't like your traditional singing, they was singing like pain sh*t. Sh*t that they've been through personally. You know what I'm saying. It was like different for me to hear that sh*t. And I f*cked with it. I was like, this some hard sh*t. This some sh*t that a n*gga can f*ck with like...But it was more so like older n*ggas doing it. You feel me. I felt like I was more younger, I had like came in with more swag. You feel me. I was like, let me try and f*ck with it. You feel me. I always knew I had a good voice. So I used to be jotting my sh*t down in the pad, in my cell. Then one day I got the courage to go out. Cos that sh*t hard to go out there and rap in front of them n*ggas like they ain't gon...they gon keep it all the way a G. They ain't trying to hear no bullsh*t. If that sh*t thrash, they gon tell you, yo this sh*t thrash, get the f*ck out of here with that sh*t. We not even trying to hear that sh*t. I went out there with my sh*t and they was f*cking with it, like to the point where I came out the next day, and n*ggas was asking me like, yo let me hear that joint you sang yesterday, when you was talking about such and such and such and such and such. I'm like, word, so they really f*cking with my sh*t. They just gave me the juice to come out here and be like, alright I'ma come with a different sound, you feel me. Like ain't nobody rapping singing about this trap sh*t. About like struggle sh*t, pain sh*t. Like, I'ma come on that lane."




You can watch the full interview below. He talks about starting to sing in prison around the 4 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment