Fabolous Narrates How He Started Rapping

Don't you some times wonder how your favorite rappers started rapping? I mean, you know they are good rappers now, but there was a point in time when they weren't good at it; don't you wonder how it all started? I know I do, and I was happy watching a recent interview of Fabolous and hearing him narrate how he actually started rapping.

In his recent 'Self Made Taste Better' with Brett Berish, he was asked to talk about how he actually started rapping, and he went on to narrate how he would write out the lyrics of already established rappers music and then go ahead to flip their lyrics around and make it his own.

Read his narration below...

Image result for fabolous self made taste better interview"I was a big fan of it. I loved it. And then I started to umm experiment with like writing. And I would listen to raps and I think at first I just started writing down all of the lyrics of the song. Then my next step was turning those lyrics into mine...into my lyrics. So even before I was writing it personally myself, I would take someone else's rap and write it in my...or put my name in there. You know what I mean. And that graduated to okay let me try to flip the whole thing into me writing in the same pattern as this song that I knew. And then once I got that, then I would start reciting it...but it still was like a hubby of mine. I still wasn't like going out yet and saying I'm a rapper or I'ma be a rapper...



At that point it was definitely just listening to it over and over and rewinding it back, listen to it again, writing that line, rewind it back, get the next line. It was a very long process...I think it taught me a lot about writing. I think it taught me a lot about vocabulary. Umm, you know, even the artist that I was listening to at the time I think they had different styles so it showed me different patterns of writing and writing lyrics too. So umm, I think it actually taught me without me like knowing myself, you know because I practiced that before I even...anyone ever knew that I even could rap or tried to rap."

Wow! What a great way to learn how to rap. Anyone trying to be a rapper could also follow in his footsteps.

You can watch his full interview below...he talks about how he started rapping around the 11 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment