Megan Thee Stallion Talks About Older Female Rappers Embracing Her

There are a lot less female rappers in the game than male rappers. A lot of people believe that this is so because female rappers some times can't coexist. Some people believe female rappers like to tear themselves down. Well, we saw it with Lil Kim and Foxy Brown in the 90s, Lil Kim and Nicki Minaj at the tail end of the 2000s, Nicki Minaj and Remy Ma, Cardi B and Nicki (on going), and even Bhad Bhabie and Iggy Azalea. It almost like two female rappers can't be in the limelight without one trying to tear the other down. But it seems rising female rapper, Megan Thee Stallion is getting love from all the older female rappers in the game right now.

During her recent interview on Hot 97's Ebro In The Morning show, one of the hosts (Laura stylez) asked Meagan about women in Hip Hop embracing her and if anyone of them has reached out to her. Meagan responded with...

Image result for megan thee stallion hot 97 interview"So I haven't had like a sit down talk with any OG's yet, like...Well, so me and Trina though, we've linked up a couple of times. We haven't like sat down and had like a serious you know heart to heart yet...like she's the only person that I've like linked up with a couple of times. But umm Missy Elliot always like shows love and I'm like, 'Oh my God, this is so crazy.' Like, girl, she's just in the car listening to 's*x talk' and I'm like, okay (laughs). I'm doing something right. Umm, Nicki followed me, Cardi follows me...umm. Lil Kim follows me."

At this point, the hosts of the show (Ebro, Laura Stylez, and Peter Rosenberg) get excited that she is uniting all the ladies in Hip Hop. That is definitely a great thing.



You can watch Meagan Thee Stallion full Hot 97 radio interview below...she talks about the older female rappers embracing her around the 7 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment