Casanova Speaks on Wearing Gucci to Roc Nation Brunch

There has been a lot of controversy surrounding Gucci lately. A few weeks ago, they advertised a black turtleneck sweater, which included a partial balaclava with red lips. Many African Americans said it looked like a blackface, and felt disrespected by Gucci. This led to Atlanta rapper, T.I calling for a three month boycott of the Italian designer. I guess Casanova didn't get the memo as he wore a Gucci suit to the Roc Nation brunch last week. He caught a lot of hate for that from the black community, and during his recent on Power 105.1 FMs The Breakfast Club show interview, he let the world know that he didn't know about the controversial Gucci sweater.


"I really thought I was styling though, right. So...before, you know, the bus take you to the red carpet, but before that was a bar. So, you know me, I'm drink papi. I take like three shots, bang, bang, bang. Getting ready. So, I walk in the red carpet, they like, 'what do you have on? It just looks so beautiful.' I'm like, 'this Gucci baby. Down to the socks. You see what's going on.' They like, 'Gucci? Why are you wearing Gucci? We are boycotting Gucci.' I'm like what the fuck is going on. I said, 'Why?' I didn't even know what was going on. They showed me the shit, I'm like, Ah, men! I just bought four Gucci jackets."



Very funny. Those Gucci jackets cost like $5,000 a piece. Damn! I know how he feels right now. He would have to wait a couple of months before he can wear them around.

You can watch the interview below...he talks about the Gucci incidence right at the beginning of the interview.

No comments:

Post a Comment