Casanova Talks About His Trip to Nigeria


New York rapper, Casanova traveled to Nigeria a couple of months ago to shoot his video, 2Am, which features Tory Lanez and Nigerian superstar musician, Davido. In his recent radio interview with The Breakfast Club show on Power 105.1 FM, he was asked by one of the hosts (DJ Envy) to talk about his trip to Nigeria, and he said...


"I think I learned a lot out there...just seeing the kids dancing, with no sneakers on and stuff like that. But they happy. The mothers, with nothing, happy. They made me kind of come back and appreciate myself. And stop complaining, cos I always complain a lot. I think I'm money hungry. So, I just be like, yo, I need this, i need this. But when you go to Africa and you see these people with way less than everybody has in America, happy, dancing, doing the dances, and just was just stunned, like...like how can you be happy?"







At this point, one of the hosts, Charlamange the God cut in and said there were parts of Nigeria where they are balling out of control, and Casanova continued with...

"It's either you broke or you rich. There's no in-between. But I...I went to the rich town, I just didn't post the rich town...Davido, he kidnapped me. Truthfully, he was like, 'please don't leave...two more days, stay with me, I got a show.' I'm like, men! F&ck that...we turning up. Let's get it. It's like the clubs end at 8 o'clock. So, you know, I'm a party type of n*gga...so. we was partying all night, like I know all the African songs. I'm really...I'm really African now."



He also talked about shooting the 2Am video in Nigeria with Hyenas by his side...

"I ain't gonna lie, off camera I was out. Like, even if you look at the video, I was just like watching because, they couldn't even control the Hyena...like it was some skinny guy holding...and the Hyena was pulling him. Once I saw that, I said aii, we gonna play this thing right here and put this chair right here, if the Hyena jump off the joint, I'ma just use the chair and try to protect myself."




You can watch the full interview below...he talks about his visit to nigeria around the 4 minute mark.

No comments:

Post a Comment