Wale Speaks on Meek Mill and Drake Rap Battle

Rick Ross has been interviewed about the beef between Meek Mill and Drake a few times, and being Meek Mill's boss, he felt he had to protect his artist, and so danced around the question, but never admitting to the fact that Meek Mill lost the battle (Oh, yea. He lost). Meek Mill's label mate, Wale wasn't as biased as Ross when he was asked during his recent interview on Power 105.1 who won the battle. Read his words below.





"I think...I just feel like, and this is me speaking as someone who's been in the industry for a good amount of time and as the same age as these dudes. I...don't think, you know...I honestly think, you know, he brought like a pencil to a gun fight. He didn't bring a knife...a pencil. You know what I'm saying...a piece of paper...try to paper-cut him to death. You can't...you couldn't...you can't compete with somebody that go them type of relationships. And I am telling everybody that thinks Meek lost just off of the strength of losing. Whether...It doesn't matter what he made. He could have wrote Ether 3.0. And the opinions of the people would have been that of, there boy from Canada waxed him." (The Breakfast Club Interview)




This is actually fact. I remember telling my friend after Meek and Funk Flex started dropping those ghostwritten/reference tracks trying to end Drake's career. I remember telling my friend that it won't hurt Drake's image. That dude is just so huge right now, and Meek Mill took a very ignorant way to attack him. He definitely wasn't calculative, and didn't think things through. 




Wale said some more about his opinion on the whole thing.

"My man (Drake) went to Apple. Which is the biggest...it's like right there with McDonalds. My man (Meek Mill) went down the street. To...down th street...you know what I'm saying? Nothing...no problem with dude down the street. (Wale was saying in coded language, till they gave him a go ahead to mention names). Oh yea, Flex. He went to Flex...My thing is...there is nothing wrong with Flex and all that, but we talking about like Apple champ. They can hear this in Germany brah. They can hear this in Jupiter, probably." (The Breakfast Club Interview)




Yea, that explanation makes a lot of sense. Also, I am positive Ross got a call from top record execs asking him to call off his boy. I mean, Meek Mill made us believe he was coming with a fire response to Drake's Charged Up diss record, then he made us wait till Drake dropped a second diss record (Back to Back) before he dropped a short diss song that a lot of people believed was subpar. He must have been put on a leash. 



Watch the full interview below. 




No comments:

Post a Comment