Is Eminem Better Than Biggie?

Is Eminem better than Biggie? Some would say this question is blasphemous, but some people do believe Eminem is lyrically better than the late Notorious B.I.G. Well, if it is based on just one aspect of their rapping skills, then I think we might have an interesting discussion here.







Female rapper from New Jersey, Lady Luck once said she believed Eminem is better than Biggie, and she was greatly criticized for that statement. In a recent Interview with DJ VLAD, she spoke on what she really meant.







“I was speaking from a lyrical standpoint. I was speaking about how vast Eminem’s subject matter is. And he has mastered the English language. So, as far as Biggie is concerned, Biggie’s music reached a certain amount of people. And his stories—I loved his stories. I didn’t say a better rapper or a better emcee, but lyrically. If I found an Eminem notebook and I found a Biggie notebook, I would be blown away more [by Eminem]…Of course, we heard their voice. So, Biggie could kill a beat way better than Eminem on certain things…Different strokes for different folks.” (VLAD TV)



Yea, I think I understand her. Truth be told, Eminem's vocabulary and subject matter is wider than that of Biggie. I mean, Eminem of 1999-2000 had me rewinding the tape all the time. This guy's lyrics was out of this world. But can I say Eminem is better than Biggie? Well, Biggie is dead, and had just about a 4 year career. So, comparing them, and trying to say one person is better than the other is kinda hard. Also, are we talking lyrically, delivery-wise, or overall? What do you guys think?


No comments:

Post a Comment