Nas Still Has a Crush On Halle Berry

I have followed Nas's career for almost twenty years now, and I know, through his lyrics that he had a crush on Halle Berry at a time. The obsession disappeared shortly after he married Kelis in 2005. But since Nas is back in the market, I think he has his eye on Halle again.






How do I know that? Well, his artists, Fashawn just released a new album titled Ecology, and on one of the tracks off the album, Nas rapped about Halle Berry. Check out the part of Nas's lyrics from the song, Something To Believe In, where he raps about Halle- "If I don't bag Halle (Berry), I take a look alike/Last night we left the club with bottles, my future bright."








I guess he is still obsessed with this woman. And when did all these start? In 1999, when he got on the Mobb Deep song, It's Mine, and rapped- "Silk shirts on my chest show what I flirt/Halle Berry blew a kiss at the Barbara Streisand concert." So, what do these lines say? Maybe Halle saw Nas at the Barbara Streisand concert, and maybe she was probably a few meters away and couldn't come around to greet him, so she blew a kiss at him. And Nas thought...'O my God. Halle Berry blew me a kiss. I'm in love.' lol! And being a shy guy that he is, he hasn't been able to approach her for the past 16 years. Well, these are just my assumptions. But how do I know for sure that Nas is actually Halle's secret admirer?







On his 2004 album, just before he got married to Kelis, he rapped about Halle Berry again. The title of the song is Getting Married, and he was meant to be describing his wedding day with Kelis, but Halle happened to pop up in his lyrics again...Check out the lyrics- "And it's baffling, cos just a year ago/it's weird though, I knew I'd get married. To who? I knew not, thought of snatching Halle up from the dreadlock/Pumpin' Sade, my head knot."






The song was released in 2004, when Halle Berry was still married to Eric Benet, who is a dreadlock...Get it? Anyway, Nas has never been lucky with women, and Halle is in her third marriage...Maybe, just maybe they would end up together one day.

No comments:

Post a Comment