Outkast's Andre 3000 Plans to Retire From Rap Next Week

One half of Outkast, Andre 3000 plans to retire from rap music by next year. This is what he indirectly said in a recent interview with New York Times, when he stated that he did't plan to still be rapping at 40, and that he was already 39. Andre hasn't released solo music in years, and Outkast hasn't released a new album in over five years. You could see it in his Coachella concert performance earlier this year, his mind is nolonger in Hip Hop. 




Read his words below...






"I remember, at like 25, saying, 'I don't want to be a 40-year-old rapper.' I'm 39 now, and I'm still standing by that. I'm such a fan that I don't want to infiltrate it with old blood. I'd love to put out an album. I'm just going to call it honest. I know this may sound morbid, but I was like, if I were to die today, I have all these half-songs on my hard drive, and I don't want that." (New York Times Interview)









I think what Andre would do is release like a lost tape of old unreleased songs, and then maybe in the near future, release an album where he sings all through. 

No comments:

Post a Comment